20 April 2007

The Butterflies get better

Yesterday I listed some more 'stuff' on ebay. I love making and wearing earrings and over the twenty or more years I've been making them I've found that you have to keep them simple in structure so that they don't 'bend' after a few wearings!!! Even stiffened if they are too wide then they tend to 'curl or bend'. One answer is lots of beads!! The blue, green and orange pair I made for myself then discovered that I'd already got some in those colours and that style!!! If I'd got a brain I'd be dangerous!!!

Now everybody knows (or should by now!) that I like a little colour in my life!!!! I get into my tatting stash and then get lost in decision making on which colours of threads and then beads. I think my all time favourites for 'surprising' colours must be bright orange and bright pink. I make myself look at other combos too and this time I came up with the turquoise and blue. I'm pretty sure they worked just fine. Then the beads. I used to think that the 'same' coloured beads were the 'right' ones but now I'm into trying startlingly different ones. The second butterfly has turquoise and yellow beads with the orange and pink!!!!

1 comment:

GardeniaPatti said...

Beautiful butterflies! I'm partial to bright colors too. One of my favorite combinations is pink and yellow.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.