15 October 2007

The one thing I HATE

The one thing in my life that I hate above anything else is wasting time! I don't mind waiting for doctor, dentist or any appointment even if they are very late. After all you can always be doing something like tatting or reading dreadful magazines. I don't mind time spent on a tatting idea that doesn't work - this is a normal part of the process.
BUT I do HATE what ha
ppened to me yesterday evening!!
I remembered the other day that I'd been playing with alphabet beads before I went to USA in August. I made several bracelets as presents for friends. On Friday I realised that I'd not put the pattern on my web page yet. Well, last night I finished the centre of the bracelet which I was making to test the pattern. I tied and cut the ends and then realised I'd missed out a chain. Not too bad as all I needed to do was cut back a bit, re-join and do that part again. Oh, no, wrong again!!! I cut the wrong bit!!! So I decided that was scrap and it would be better to start again from scratch!!!
That's the sort of thing I call a waste of time!
Below is the final motif which now confirms the pattern is ready to 'go'!!! When the bracelet is finished I'll launch them both together.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Oooo, Jane! I agree about wasting time -- especially when it's so unnecessary. Frustrating, very frustrating. I love the new pattern though. I think it would look good as a snowflake on a tree or hanging in the window.

Tattycat said...

Oh, how frustrating! I hate it when I cut out the wrong bit or I think I'm cutting off an end and really I'm cutting a working thread! That only happened once - I take more care now. The motif is lovely and I agree that it would make a great snowflake!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.