8 July 2008

Horseshoe in progress

In case anybody was thinking I'd packed my bags and left tat land well, no, I haven't!!! I'm giving brain cell # 3 a break at the moment and just 'playing'.
We're going to a re-wedding in September and I wanted to make something special for the bride (our neighbour) so I'm making a horseshoe. This is it 'so far'. I want to decorate it lots and am currently working on a gold (beaded, of course!) edging which I'll show in a few days time. Meanwhile here it is mounted on fabric and stiffened.
Oh, this is the reason I found the way of adding beads while working - too lazy to decide ahead which ones to load onto the shuttles!!!
Ah, so does this make it truly a lucky horseshoe?

5 comments:

Tattycat said...

This is very pretty Jane. It should bring the re-bride and groom much luck. Apparently it has brought you and all of us much luck so far if it is what inspired your new technique! Can't wait to see what comes next.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Very thoughtful gift.

Ridgewoman said...

Well, you know me; don't believe in 'luck' as such ~
But it's said, "necessity is the mother of invention," and that fits the adding beads solution!
It is a lovely thought and a lovely piece!

X BJ

Anonymous said...

Yes Jane, that does truly make it a lucky horseshoe!! What is it's size?? You are not telling us!? I think it looks just grand!! Can't wait to see it all finished-up!
Liz in WV

Gina said...

I can't wait to see it with the edging! Almost...not quite..but almost...makes me want to get married again! Gotta find a mate first though. :-))
Gina

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.