26 August 2009

OK, a working brain!!!


It occurred to me while I was working on the two necklaces that the 'alternative' way of adding beads to the centre of split rings makes life so much easier!!! 
When I used the previous way (pulling the core thread down after having worked the SR) I used to find that I had to keep undoing the SR and 'adjusting' the number of ds's!!! 
The 'new' way, which is probably not new anyway, allows me to 'see' whether the amount of ds's is going to work before I close.  Thus making this the ideal technique for the terminally idle - like ME!!!

2 comments:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I agree, this way is sooo much easier. Thanks for posting it and the diagrams too!! Hope you are having a good time on your holiday!!

Fox said...

Sounds like a busy household! Looking forward to seeing the necklace! (When you finally get hold of a shuttle again!) Fox : )

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.