17 December 2009

A new challenge and a treat for ME!!

This is the quilt square that I picked out of Georgia's 'stash' at Palmetto.  I've never done one of these before so that's the challenge part of the title.


The idea is to put tatting on it and return it to her.  A quilt is then going to be made and sold in order to raise money for the scholarship fund which Palmetto distribute to tatters who could not otherwise afford to attend Tat Days.  


The treat part?  Allowing myself to do something for pleasure and not the pain of the design process!!!


I'll blog the pieces I make for this as I do them.  Now I'm dying to 'get started'!!!


4 comments:

Maureen said...

So the quilt square is already constructed? - it will be fun, decorating it.

Katie said...

Wowza! That sounds like fun. What a pretty square you got to work with, & the colors are so inspiring. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Anne said...

You could tat a maple leaf on one of the autumn coloured pieces.

tattrldy said...

What pretty material you have to work with! I've never done any quilting or made pieces for any but have wanted to. I'll be checking back to see what you come up with. And any insights to doing it ;-)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.