7 May 2010

More buttons with another version

Three more of the little buttons and one slightly different one!!!!

Well, actually that's not quite right!!  The only 'normal' one is the bluish one at the top of the group of three.  The other two in that group are the size 30 HDT wound with the sewing/quilting thread.  Not only does it make an interesting combination colourwise BUT it also makes it work up 'as' a number 20.  

So, the formula is 1 size 30 HDT (or any 30 thread!!!) + 1 size sewing thread = 1 size 20.  Even I can work that out and math ain't my favourite subject!!!

Do you like the one at the bottom?  I'll add this to the pattern page.  VERY simple adaptation but worth the extra effort.  Well, I think so.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like it!

geraldine said...

I have a copy of this pattern that you had printed in a magazine a few years ago. Have done it several times. It had dangling bead strings, which i liked.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

OOHHHH, I love this little "Mini Button" It's so cute!! And yes I like the addition of the beads on the bottom picture. Very Nice!!

Anonymous said...

i like it too.

Jane Eborall said...

I think this is the one you mean, Geraldine.
http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ButtonBrooch.pdf
The button on this one is larger and two holed. This one is similar too!!!
http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/LotusFlower.pdf
I had to re-think this new one to make it on a smaller button with four holes!!! Keeps brain cell 3 working hard!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the buttons. My favorite so far is the pink and yellow.
Elizabeth
Mobile, AL.

Stephanie said...

Lovely little button flowers! They remind me of daffodils.

Typstatting said...

Love them all!!!! And the beads make them as well.

Ridgewoman said...

SO THAT IS what you've been up to! How did Friday go...e-mail me when you get a chance... I have a lot to share about Tucson w/you xxx P

Unknown said...

Beautiful flower, I love making flowers, and this is simple and beautiful at once ..... Thanks

Teresa said...

I love it! I love your free patterns too. I'm a new tatter and not very good yet, but your patterns give me something to practice with and a reason to keep practicing. I can't wait for this one to be added to your pattern page!!

Tattin' Kat said...

I'm a needle tatter and am trying to make some of these. I LOVE the pattern, but your lock join for the button is confusing me like crazy. Any suggestions? It seems like my needle needs to be over and under the button all at the same time :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.