21 October 2010

A visit to the hospital

A few days ago I  offered to take a friend to the hospital for an outpatients operation.

The silly moo worried and worried that I'd be bored as it was going to be for several hours!!!  Silly girl.  During my wait I did a great deal of this edging.  It looks a bit odd at either end but I promise you those are true, square corners that will sit beautifully when they're pressed.

I found it here and did take a few 'liberties' with it and also added the corners. I do like something simple like this to do when I've got to wait around.  It drew a lot of attention so through that a few friends were made!!!!  Well, passing friends.

12 comments:

Maureen said...

I love this - my favourite colours too. I always have my roly poly bag with the current edging ready for going out - I like them because I can learn the pattern and just tat away without having to think too much!

Typstatting said...

Love the edging and the colours set it off!!!!

Deb in WV said...

Lovely, Jane. Thanks for the link.

Deb in WV

John said...

A Bored Tatter...hmmmm, do they exist?
beautiful edging!
j.

Crazy Mom! said...

Ooo - this is gorgeous! Someone will be lucky to have this hanky!

Fox said...

I see little ruffled socks for Maeve in the future... This is sweet!
Fox : )

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Very nice Jane!! Hope your friend is doing ok.
Have a great day!

God's Kid said...

Tatters bored??? Not that I have seen. :) Give them some "bored" time and they can produce something beautiful! :)
My daughter says she loves it and that it looks like flowery hills. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely edging and pretty colours, I will be going to the hosp to have a scan and have been told its going to take a morning......... I think I will be taking my tatting to do while I have to wait for them to do several scans over some hours. I hope your friend is OK Margaret

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Jane!! I love the colors! I don't think I have ever met a bored tatter those words just don't go together ;)

Sally Kerson said...

Always looking for different edgings - must try that one, it looks so good with coloured thread.

Cindy said...

That is a very pretty edging! I think edgings are the best thing to do while waiting - the repetition becomes easy.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.