9 December 2010

Nothing to tease you with - BUT

I left the TIAS alone yesterday evening as I was very fed up with it after Monday's attempt!!!  I was going to start drawing it in the afternoon but somehow that escaped from me too - the afternoon, I mean!!!  I need to start drawing as I have to check those against the text but as I'm still changing the text, well ......................

So instead I did this magnetic bookmark!!!  Just for the thrill of it!!!  Well, not only that but because Lace Lovin' Librarian said she loved blue and I thought 'why not'??!?!!!  This one will go into my Etsy shop at some point - when I get myself organised to take 'proper' pictures of it!!!

Making these are a bit of a nightmare as the wretched magnets keep diving for each other.  I think I just like being annoyed so that's why I keep making them!!!

8 comments:

Anne said...

A lovely colour mixture. What thread did you use? You could always insert a pin into the tatting holding the magnets to stop them 'attacking' each other!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Anne. I used an old Manuela plain and a Lizbeth variegated. I think it's Caribbean. The problem with using pins is that they're attracted to the magnets too!!!!! There is a 'knack' to dealing with the little stinkers, though!!!!

Gina said...

I have to chuckle at the vision of you fighting off magnets while tatting. There was a tv show one time, along the line of the twilight zone, where a teen witnessed a small meteor crashing. Somehow, it made him magnetic and when he went to school, he was immediately attached to the metal lockers. It was hilarious, as he peeled himself off from locker to locker and in the meantime, pens and paperclips and scissors and shoes with metal plates attached themselves to him. It was meant to be funny, btw, and I laughed so hard so long that I hurt.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I hope I'm the first one to see this in your Etsy shop!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Jane, I really like the colors used in this bookmark too!! I wouldn't mind purchasing one like this too!

You'll sort out the TIAS, I'm sure of that. Brain Cell #3 won't fail you! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Jane,

Love the colour and I had to laugh at you fighting with the magnets, I hope your mojo returns and you can sort the TIAS out, looking forward to trying it.
take care
Margaret

Ridgewoman said...

This bookmark is so cool. One of the 'things' I seem to require is circulating air and DH always seems to point the fan straight towards me and my tatting pattern tended to 'fly away' at crucial moments. No longer…I just put the bookmark on the loose page and the weight of the magnets keeps it securely in front of me! No more fly aways. The neat thing about Jane's ingenious creations is that they have more than one use; all you have to do is be a little creative! xxxxx P

Beelizabeth said...

Can't wait until mine arrives-- but now I'll chuckle every time I use it thinking about you wrestling attacking magnets!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.