21 September 2011

Do I shimmer or what?

Last Thursday evening I'd finished this dragonfly and was dying to see what it looked like as a necklace/pendant.  I have a friend who sells the most amazing jewellery on the Friday street market (here's a link to her Facebook site) so I wanted to 'show this off' to her.

Easy - just needed the chain and clasps put on as I'd already 'worked in' the split rings in the wings.  So, bright and early on Friday morning (well a tad after nine o'clock) I set off to find the chain in my bulging tatting cupboard.  No way!!!  I searched and searched but couldn't find the one I wanted!!!!

So, off I went shopping and told Sarah about it.  When I got home I had to do the dreaded 'H' word so it was much later in the morning before I got back to looking.  I found the chain which, incidentally, I'd picked up at least once during the morning's search.  EUREKA. 

DOH, now, of course, I'd lost the dragonfly!!!!  Eventually they all came together and here they are.  I did show Sarah when I was on my way home after the daily afternoon walk.  


Now, question is - do I make more and will they sell in the Etsy shop?!?!?  Off to have a word with 'you know who'!!!  If you want the slightly amended stitch and bead count please drop me a line.

2 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Looking lovely Jane, no idea if anything sells these days, its a bit of a hit or miss, but its worth a try.
Margaret

Valerie said...

i like the dragonfly, but i'm not sure of the silver chain to go with it. give it a shot on etsy, you'll never know.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.