30 December 2011

Karen's first butterfly

Do you remember that it was Karen who started the quest for a 3D butterfly?  I am absolutely thrilled to show you her first of the new 3D butterflies here.  Karen is a relatively new tatter.  Actually she helped a great deal with getting this pattern 'sorted' as her questions led to constant improvements.  I finally asked Karen when she'd learnt to tat and she said this:-

"Hi - I first picked up a teach yourself kit mid 2009 after watching a friend of mine try to teach another and thought now that looks interesting.  I sat for for several Sunday afternoons in my mum's garden getting very fed up and cutting  off one attempt after another   I tried several times and finally got the flip,  I then started to follow a few you tube vids and finally started following very simple patterns around Dec 2009,  I then joined the tatting group around mid 2010 so about 2.5 years since I first picked up a shuttle and about 18 months since I started tatting  properly.  LOL no I take a challenge head on and am a devil I hate being beaten."


3 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

So you are encouring another tatter Jane,
Seems like Karen is well on the way to desiging. Encourage her to start a blog - although I bet you have already!

Karen said...

Thanks Sally and yes she has tried believe me along with a lot of others, my main problem is time as in not a lot of it!

God's Kid said...

She seems to be doing wonderfully!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.