30 October 2013

Gecko improvements!


Now this is the reason for doing the new easy block tatting page.  I decided it was about time I re-visited this little gecko guy and try and improve the pattern.  I'll try and get it finished and on the pattern page as soon as possible - just need to check links and get it 'up there'.  

It was while working this first little guy that I decided to fiddle with the joins in the block tatting so here he is - gecko number 1 and he is made using Rainbow Taffy number 153 with beads in the centres of the body SR's.  

This is one of my favourite threads and I'm going to play with others so sit back and expect a glut of geckos!!!

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I liked the original gecko, so I guess I'm going to love the improved one!

Phyllis said...

He is adorable!

Madtatter80 said...

I didn't think you could improve the little gecko but you did! He is beautiful!

God's Kid said...

Very cute!! :)

Marty said...

Wonderful gecko color and the beads add so much to the whole look. What a charming little fellow and wonderful pattern!

Reading In The Violets said...

I love him!! I will be looking for your updated pattern :) Love the beads too they really add a lot!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is a beautiful thread, and your tatting is impeccable. The 'evolution' of this tatted gecko apparently goes back to 2007, and tatters should check out your posts during that time, and especially the June 10, 2007 post to gain insight into the hard work that goes into designing 'animals' and free-flowing shapes to look as realistic as possible.

The original gecko was brilliant, and this new block tatting procedure brings it to perfection! What amazes me is how much 'fun' you have designing things! . Your software drawings are works of art in themselves and never cease to amaze me. Most of us don't know where to begin and find the software to be tedious to work with. Your blog is always a wonderful and creative place to visit!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks everybody. Specially Kathy. I must go and check that out on my blog posts. I do remember this little critter giving me some heartache at it's birthing!!!! A bit like the TIAS 2014 is doing to me at the moment!!!!

Corina said...

Oh I love this gecko!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.