31 October 2013

Gecko number two!


Another gecko!!!  They're breeding like crazy over here in my part of Tat Land!!!  Isn't it strange how sometimes the silliest things can take over your life?  

I blame Tatskool for this little rampage.   After meeting her and her husband a few weeks ago I remembered that he is a gecko expert.  I named this pattern for Tatskool as I've a feeling she asked if I could do one for her and her husband many moons ago!  

I found time yesterday to update the page here so you now have a plethora of diagrams!!!  The trick, when drawing diagrams is, to draw the whole thing out first.  Sometimes I use layers and 'trace' over the original.  

Next step is to copy and paste and repeat that as many times as needed.  Each picture is then chopped up to make the diagrams needed!!!  Great satisfaction in chopping - now where's my ex husband's head?!?!?!

This little guy is made using Lizbeth Butterfly Breeze number 127.  I'm experimenting at the moment with another piece of scanning software after doing the Mavericks update on the computer.  The reason is for that is that the Epson drivers aren't yet available for the new update so I'm finding another way to scan.

11 comments:

Maureen said...

I hope you're not going to toss all your geckos into your tatting box when they're done! - you should leave them scattered all over the house. The colours are great!

Jane Eborall said...

Probably, Maureen, probably. The box is heaving now but I've got another one lined up!!!! I MAY sew them onto a top and wear them. All of them onto a jacket. I've almost worn out my previous gecko jacket!!!!

GraceT said...

It looks great! Very gecko... :-)

Madtatter80 said...

I love this gecko, can't wait for pattern. Looks good with or without the beads! I want to use the pumpkin spice with black beads!

Jane Eborall said...

Madtatter80 - the pattern is there and there's a link in this post so you don't have to wait!!!

Carrie said...

Such a pretty little gecko. Now I have to learn block tatting instead of just reading about it! ;-) Thanks!

Katherine said...

I have lots of WIPs but how about you throw out a Gecko challenge, I would be tempted, and they are great patterns!

Barbara Gordon said...

Are the patterns available somewhere, or are you going to put them into a book? If I missed them someone....sorry!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Barbara, I'll never do a book. The gecko pattern has been on my site since 2007 but I decided to update the pattern to make it (hopefully) easier to follow. Here's the link. http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/Gecko.pdf

Barbara Gordon said...

Your a doll..!! I have a kid I used to baby sit for, and he has a live one in his bedroom. I told the mom I would like to make him a tatted one for a picture, and she loved the idea...

Tatskool said...

Makes my heart sing to see gorgeous geckos on your blog again.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.