23 October 2013

Sort of Celtic snowflake


This is the first of a couple I'm making for presents.  Also this post follows on from yesterday as I'm using Lizbeth Rainbow Splash (number 184) for the main colour.  It still doesn't look as good on my photo as it does in 'real life'.  It does really zingadingding.  I've also used Mocha Brown Light (number 690) with 'random' beads!!!

Don't the two parts of this pattern look funny on their own?  Put them together and look what happens down on the third picture.  No sewing, no hassle!!!!   Oh, the pattern is here if you want it.  Rings, chains and a few SR's plus beads thrown in.

It's also easy to extend the 'arms' of the snowflake by an extra ring and chain at each point.  Must try that again some day!!!
Part 1
Part 2
Both together!

14 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! - two completely different pieces and look what happened! What's it like from the back?

Ninetta said...

Fantastic! you're brilliant!

Maureen said...

BC3 wasn't concentrating Jane, when you listed the pattern; it's dated 2012....

Jane Eborall said...

Ah. Maureen this was an improvement to the original which is here. http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/MotifCD.pdf

Madtatter80 said...

Love the color choice! looks like lots of fun!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cool! I love those two threads together!

Phyllis said...

So so apart but wow together. Beautiful.

Maureen said...

Oh I see - I was too eager to take note properly, Jane!

IsDihara said...

Just the right jolt of inspiration for a dreary day. THANKS, Jane, for sharing this energy-charged, chock-full o' color, utterly brilliant flake. Zingadingding!

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, that's fabulous!

Marty said...

Delicious! Now I've got to go digging around for thread and beads again.

Margarets designer cards said...

When I saw the thread on the ball, I was not sure, but now I have seen it tatted up, looks better than on the ball,
I love your snowflake, lovely pattern how it knits together without too much fuss.
Margaret

JB said...

I love this design. Rainbow Splash is one of my new favorites.

God's Kid said...

That looks fabulous!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.