15 October 2013

Sunlit shuttles

When Barb sent me the threads I won in her contest she also included some of the new Sunlit shuttles for me to see and try.  Now I started life in Tat Land with Milward shuttles as they were the only type readily available back when the dinosaurs roamed the land.  Later I changed over to the Aero bobbin shuttles and really never looked at any others until the new Aerlit which I now use along with Aero.
So, when I was asked about the Sunlit shuttles on a comment last week I thought I'd better test them.  My first fear with post shuttles is winding them!!!  I needn't have worried though as Barb has made sure there's an angled end which makes the thread so easy to wind (see pictures below).   Because of this I happily wound the shuttle taking only slightly longer than a bobbin one.

It's a very comfortable shuttle to hold and I put a lot of that down to the raised logo and writing on each side which stops them from slipping in the hand. It measures 2 1/2 inches from end to end of tip which also makes it a comfortable shuttle to hold.  I was impressed with the amount of thread it holds too.  Here are some close up pictures for you.


7 comments:

Maureen said...

I have some - they're a bit smaller and lighter than the Clovers I think, but they hold as much thread. Very tactile, but I keep picking them up the wrong way because the pointy bit is so small! It does it's job though, I can join AND unpick with it. I am very good at unpicking.
All those colours are fun!

Nancy G said...

When I started the TIAS I began with 2 Clovers. Then later, I decided to do another one using the Sunlits. It held 10 yards as with the clovers BUT, I had room for more. I even with if being smaller and lighter they will hold more then the Clover. Truthful, I have really tatted much, with directions every few days. I do like what I have tatted with so far.

Ladytats said...

hmmmm I generally only use bobbin shuttles, pop - a - bobbin are my favs, but others work well too. But based on your pictures and review, I may have to pick up a few of these to have on hand for teaching and maybe to use occasionally. Thanks Jane.

Fox said...

Of course Ii caved late last night and ordered a few. Ah, what can a tatter do...
Fox. : ))

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love my new Sunlits... every single color! ;-)

AKTATTER said...

I never met a shuttle I didn't like :)

Tece said...

LOL- back when dinosaurs roamed the land? I resemble that remark... :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.