6 November 2014

Valencia with oooops


You have NO idea how much hassle I've had with this round!!! NO IDEA!!! Sally suggested that I throw it in the bin but I'm a very, very stubborn old moo.

I took it with me to America as an ongoing project which was fine although I didn't do a lot to it but I had started this round when I was with Joanie. 

I kept counting and counting to make sure I was on the right track and all seemed fine until I got to the end!!!! I'd made a mistake. That was when I was cross with myself and Sally said to chuck it away!!!! BUT I couldn't 'see' where I'd gone wrong and for two days I kept going back to it over and over again.

Finally BC3 woke up and I saw it. So, out came the scissors and I cut it back to where the mistake had happened. At each end there are two places where there is a difference and I'd done a join instead of letting a small ring 'float'.

The rest of the story continues as matters get worse. And I MEAN worse!!!

6 comments:

StringyDogs said...

'Tis lovely, though. I can see wanting to make it right. Don't let it drive BC 1, 2 or 3 off the deep end!

Tally Tatty said...

That dark green edge is a very clever one!

God's Kid said...

Looks very nice!! :)

Maureen said...

I loved version 1 of this design - you probably had other things to distract you from this while you were away on holiday! All it takes is a moment of inattention - rather like Kipling's Unforgiving Minute, tatting can be very unforgiving if you slip up. I hardly every cut mistakes, I prefer to spend days and days unpicking.....

Ladytats said...

oh goodness, sometimes things can get so frustrating, yet you want to get them done right. Good luck with this although your last comment doesn't sound like it got much better. But it sure is pretty

Sally Kerson said...

You never listen to me!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.