1 December 2014

A sort of technique!!!!


Not sure if you remember the phase I went through of making magnetic bookmarks?  Anyway, I did and loved making them before BC3 came up with a better idea - the Wrap It, Flip It and Mark It bookmarks which are impossible to lose.  

So, when making those bookmarks I enclosed a magnet with a tatted edge which covered over and lay on each side.  I've put a picture on here using a curtain ring to show how it sits.

Anyway, to get to the point - I decided that this idea needed sharing so that others may use it.  I wasn't quite sure whether to call it a technique or a pattern but in the end decided that it was really a technique as it can be easily adapted to whatever the  user requires.  Here's the link. 

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Thanks. Could be useful.

Maureen said...

Is this how you made the magnetic brooches too, a couple of years ago? - I have two, but lost one of the magnets. Might try to replace it.

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Maureen but I did smaller enclosures. Think I used 6 split rings on those. Easily adjustable, though.

Madtatter80 said...

I can see where this has many possibilities, have to let it simmer on my brain for a bit :)
Thank You!

God's Kid said...

Great technique!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Tally Tatty said...

Clever!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.