2 May 2015

The top is finished


I completely forgot (yet again I hear you sigh!) that I'd finished this top a couple of weeks ago.

This is what it looked like when I bought it and the post tells you about my tussle with removing the original machine embroidery and what I did instead.

I'm really, really pleased with the results but now need to think about the accessories.  

I'm going to wear it to a friend's 80th birthday party next week.  Can't wait to see her and help her celebrate.  We 'grew up' our kids together half a century or more ago.  The bestest of friends who I rarely see even though she live a mere two miles away.  We both lead busy lives.



9 comments:

muskaan said...

What a Gorgeous transformation ! Customised Designerwear !

I can recognise the Leaf Braid .... was tatting it yesterday & realised how small it is !!!

Jane McLellan said...

'Best bib and tucker'. I don't really know what that means, but that's what I think of. Looks great!

Pigmini said...

Steal!!! Loves that top now!! VBG

Madtatter80 said...

Looks great I love it when tatting is used this way :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Looks great! I much prefer your version of the top.

petozi Design said...

What a lovely blouse! It´s a great use for the lace.
♥Petra♥

Maureen said...

This is lovely! - perhaps a chunky turquoise bangle, andmatching shoes? Enjoy the birthday celebrations, old friends are to be treasured - I have seen two of mine this week, after many years and now living in different States and countries - almost too much excitement for one week!

God's Kid said...

Fabulous embellishments!!! :) Your shirt looks wonderful!! :)

Bernice said...

Beautiful Blue tatting, it gives me an idea on how to embellish my lunch bag.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.