12 July 2016

An experiment!


Now I really liked those little Fandango hearts. So much so I decided to stay and play a bit more!! 

I wondered what would happen if I tried to put them together. I took six of the ones I'd been making to test out the pattern and carefully tied them together with bits of thread. Then I got another colour and wiggled and waggled a flower for the centre. Once I'd finished wiggling and waggling I made another flower and started on the hearts joining according to what I'd learned from the wiggle waggle game!!! 

I'm pleased enough with the 'fit' but not so happy with the colours I used although the hearts themselves are fine - I just chose the wrong colour for the flower!!!! That means you'll have to wait for the pattern until I've done another little mat!!!!! Sorry but I can't put this one on the pattern page!!!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

It's turning out to be a multi-purpose pattern, isn't it? - the Fandango. I like the little mat, I am also envisaging more of the flowers, perhaps in between the hearts on the outside - the Hearts and Flowers Fandango!

muskaan said...

I like the design :-)))

Batty Tatter said...

It's cute and unique. Like you.

God's Kid said...

It's pretty and I love the design!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

At LAST - somebody's recognised me for what I am. An antique!!!! Anybody out there collect antiques?!?!??!?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How clever! I can see that you've been putting BC3 to good use!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.