2 December 2021

Celebration Bell

This is a pattern which I did for my aborted Palmetto submission.  I called it a Celebration Bell as it was to be for their 20th Tat Days.  Sadly, due to Covid I've decided not to travel again next year.

It's a pretty simple pattern and the only thing I'd probably add to it is beads on the two outer lower rings.  I've also made the Josephine ring using this method which I find so much nicer than the original way.  Obviously it can be worked the original way but probably more half doubles would be required and, I suppose it could be turned into 'just' a ring.

There are also two versions.  Two colours or one colour.  In the single version there are no ends to sew in at all!!!  The two threads are used to hang the bell.








5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do like this bell! When I finish my secret projects, I think I'll give this one a try! Thanks, Jane!

Jane Eborall said...

But, but, but, Diane - there are lots of split rings to get your teeth into!!!! Take care and don’t stumble over them!!!!

Jane McLellan said...

It’s a shame you won’t be celebrating a trip to America, but thanks for sharing the pattern with the rest of us.

God's Kid said...


Great bell!! :)

linda said...

thank you so much. I have also finished by tat along this year and now will now give this a try. Happy holidays.
lrt40

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.