8 October 2013

A week or two ago

Before I start - just couldn't resist showing you a card that arrived yesterday from my two bonkers friends - Pam and Riet.  I think they should go to Specsavers (English joke, sorry).

I mentioned (a few weeks ago) that I was working on the Fandango square again.  I had it in mind to make a coaster sized square out of the original.  

I've done that now and over the next few days will show you some that I've already made.  You'll see that I've added a central ring to the original motif and then the outer round (sorry, there is a cut and tie between the two rounds).

This second round sort of reflects the clovers used in the inner round.

12 comments:

Maureen said...

What does the card say inside, Jane? - plus 30??
You've certainly celebrated in style, and with a lot of people - that's wonderful.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the purple and pink together! What?! You celebrated your 40th and I missed it? ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

Don't panic, Diane - it was 30 years ago and I wouldn't go back to it for all the tea in China knowing what happened a few years later!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Another party next weekend too, Maureen!!!!

Phyllis said...

Beautiful design. There is something about pink and purple that go together well.

Fox said...

Thanks for the morning giggle!

Lovely square.
Fox : )

Crazy Mom! said...

LOVE the card.

Happy 29th!

Miranda said...

I love the addition to the Fandango square! Well, you know I've always loved that motif, and the new outer round is just perfect.

Forty? I thought you had turned 35 for the second time! (Which would make you slightly younger than me.)

Tally Tatty said...

Forgive my innocence, but,..why do you call it Fandango?

Jane Eborall said...

Because somebody suggested the name, Tally Tatty!!!!! Simples!!!!

God's Kid said...

Neat design!! :) Great colors!! :)

Pigmini said...

Think this one should be called Galileo, figaro or bohemian rhapsody as its been made by the queen of tatting!! Ouch!!! Couldn't resist that one... Sorry miss!! Lol
As for the card, they've got the same bonkers sense of humour as me... Watch out for the 30th one following... Vbg

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.