26 September 2024

Needle tatting part 1

A bit of history!!!

Back in the 70's I used to belong to a newsletter group here in the UK.  They were my only way into the world of tatting outside of the UK.  Although it was a fairly good source of patterns it also ran some interesting adverts too for shuttles and books.  There was no such thing as needle tatting back before that time.

I saw a book advertised (selling in America) for needle tatting.  It was by Ed and Selma Morin.  I bought a copy and had a 'go'.  

This was made using double knitting yarn.  I'll show you another of my needle tatting pieces another day but you WON'T like it!!!!  



1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Good for you for giving it a go, a jolly good go, I love your picture.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.