11 July 2009

A busy but not much tatting day in tat land

I've got absolutely nothing to show today. That's not to say I'm not working on a project but it'll take several days. Probably get it finished over the weekend IF I can resolve the problem of the hawthorne tree first!!

Don't you just hate those days when you start a horrid but relatively simple job and it escalates?

There I was trimming the tree in the garden which I hate doing (I have to use long handled pruners and it makes my neck ache). I had made a great start when Nick came along and said 'why don't you chop the tree down'? The sparrows love the hawthorne but they've deserted us and haven't visited now for about two years. The tree is dead in the centre, never flowers and takes the sun off part of the garden.

So, out came the saws and five hours later the tree was down and mostly in the re-cycling bin!!! We had to borrow another bin from a neighbour and there's still another few hours clipping to do.

So, that's where yesterday went. Wonder what today holds?

1 comment:

Merci said...

Hi Jane - You posted a comment on the Mint Hill Stitch In Blog. Love your blog and I'm so glad you contacted us so we could link back to you. I had no idea so many beautiful things could be made using the Tatting technique. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.