1 August 2017

Strawberries and Cream


I'm starting to get ready for the trip in September. I can feel the horror from people when I say that as I know it's a long time to go but I HAVE to start preparations really early for peace of mind. My life seems to get chaotic at times and to avoid being panicky if this happens, I start preparations really early. There is also a lot to prepare too.

When I travel I take something that I can pick up while waiting in airport departure lounges and in other odd moments.  One of my favourite patterns is Rosemarie Peel's Rachel. It's from this book which I blogged about eight (REALLY?) years ago.

This time round I'm using size 40 thread with beads on the chains. I've worked out how much thread I need for one 'Rachel', added the chain thread (with beads on) to an EZ bob and then wound on the shuttle thread to the same EZ bob. I can get two 'Rachels' onto an Ezebob so I'm a happy bunny.

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a pretty pattern, and I love the colors!

Sewicked said...

Yay, September!

Jane McLellan said...

Delicious!

Michelle said...

I love that your planning for a trip involves which patterns can be tatted and how much thread. Tatting really does rule the world.

God's Kid said...

That is so beautiful!!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

My idea of a take-along pattern (not that I'm going anywhere) would be hens and chicks, not this complex design!! You are amazing. You must attract attention with this! The thought of traveling overseas the way you do would totally intimidate me. I'm quite envious!

Jane Eborall said...

Well I think hens and chicks is more complicated, Kathy!!!! Nobody takes any notice of me although I sometimes wonder if they're secretly thinking of sending for the men in white coats!! I have to have something absorbing to do in the departure lounge but never tat on the plane.

Bernice said...

It is a great pattern, and pretty in pink.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.