6 September 2018

Look what I found

My friend from 'down the road' and I went on a trip to Birmingham two weeks ago.

Another friend had told me about another fabric shop which I'd not heard of before so that was where we went to first.   Barry's Fabrics.   Almost as soon as I walked in I spotted 'just the right' fabric for a winter top.

I didn't take any pictures of it before I pinned the pattern on or while I was working on it either.  Not sure why but I think it was because I just wanted to get on with it!!  So, here's the finished top.

I must say it's a lovely warm 100% cotton and I'm hoping that we may go back in a few weeks although I did buy another piece of fabric to make another top. Here's the first one done!!

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Buttons too! ( that means buttonholes). Lovely colour, is it cooling down yet?

God's Kid said...

Great top!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love it! It's such a pretty shade of blue!

Jane Eborall said...

Buttons yes but buttonholes no!!! I've cheated and put press studs on for now. I thought of velcro but decided to try these first. Not cooling down much but it's started to.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Pretty shirt and love the material!!

Crazy Mom! said...

You're a good seamstress Jane!

Jane McLellan said...

I can see the sewing bug has bitten!

Madtatter80 said...

I love cotton, looks great๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’™

craftie sylvie said...

Lovely fabric, and great pattern! Your top looks extremely comfy :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.