16 April 2019

Introducing Juliana


I've an admission to make!! I made a start on this pattern in yesterday's book a few years ago. It's called Juliana and it's supposed to measure 32 x 48 centimetres when worked in a size 60 thread. Now I'm going to work in a size 20 as I can see that when doing stuff like this!!!

I started it (as I said - I do have a dreadful habit of repeating myself) a few years ago and the second picture is where I got to before abandoning it for some unknown reason which only BC3 knows the answer to!!! It takes AGES to work out exactly what the designer means as she's put very little input into the whole pattern. I'll show you a snippet of what I'm working from another day.

So over the weekend I decided to make another start. This time instead of doing a very long picot on the first ring (to join the others to) I did my usual 'trick' and made vsp's instead on each ring. That made me happier. 

If anybody knows who the owner of this copyright is would they PLEASE contact me as I'd love to get permission to put this on my site - eventually.



4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That pattern looks so familiar! I actually prefer the vsp for joins as well. It's difficult to come up with a long picot that is the correct size to form that center ring. I also thing the vsp makes for a neater ring.

Jane Eborall said...

I wonder if some other brave soul has already translated and made it, Diane?

God's Kid said...

Can't wait to see it when you are done!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

I have seen this too and considered making it. I will look around in all my paperwork there is only a few doilies this shape🙂

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.