20 June 2019

A boring old t-shirt!


Now this t-shirt must be around 14 years old. I know because I rarely buy clothes from Lands End here in the UK as they don't have any outlets - well none in my neck of the woods.

This was bought at West Gate Mall in Cincinnati and it was when Nick and I used to go and stay with the 'kids'. Karen used to take us to the Mall as there was a department in Sears that sold Lands End clothes. 

I've got several t-shirts still that I wear from that era but this brown one was so boring it sort of got regularly shoved to the back of the drawer. I'm now trying to re-wear/re-purpose my older clothes so that they don't go into landfill and help destroy our planet. So this is what I've done to this t-shirt and I LOVE it now. 

It's really a lovely chocolate brown (don't mention chocolate to me!!!) and now looks a lot better for some TLC!!!!





7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, boring no more! I saw an alarming article on Sky News yesterday about the quantity of clothes going into landfill in UK, good for you for avoiding contributing to it.

Maureen said...

It looks really effective, the colour is a good contrast. I haven't heard of that brand of clothing, but I am the first to admit that I am firmly out of the loop in fashion. For years and years I have bought and worn clothes from the same designer. Sadly she had to retire a couple of years ago but I have plenty to keep me going, thank goodness. I buy very few clothes and I expect them to last!

Madtatter80 said...

Fabulous, I think it's great to embellish with tatting 💕🦋💕

Mary Anne said...

How pretty! Very clever, Jane.

linb54 said...

It did turn out really pretty and brightens the shirt up a bit. Land's End is a good quality shirt.
Linda B.

God's Kid said...

Great edging!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a wonderful way to brighten up your top! I bet it doesn't get shoved to the back of the drawer any more!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.