13 August 2019

Another craft

Now this is a new one to me. I was shown how to do this ages and ages ago and then promptly forgot how!!!

It's kumihimo braiding. 

I've had a go at using a lucet in the past and enjoyed that so decided to give this kumihimo braiding a 'go'. 

Now as I'd forgotten the 'how to' the obvious thing to do was ask Mr Google for help!!! This first link (for teaching children) was just right for me to get started! 

The hint at the bottom of this next link was probably THE most useful once I'd got started!

So, this is my first attempt although I did use four colours - well, I'm awkward like that!!

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I've seen references to this, but not tried it, so I'm interested to hear how you get on.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Looking forward to seeing some results after you try this craft out. I remember reading about this craft long ago but dont think I've seen any samples. I tried the lucet too but didn't keep up with it.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's been a while since I've done Kumihimo. Once it's set up, I find it ver relaxing. I'm amazed at the number of patterns that can be braided!

picotsnkeys said...

I "discovered" this last year too! The workshop I attended, free of course(!), used an old CD as the base. I don't know how 'im in the garage" managed to cut the center hole and slots without a sharp edge, but I love my little disc. I've managed all kinds of braids on it! So glad you found this relaxing thread activity!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.