5 August 2020

Irene is finished

I'm just hoping that the nun who designed this doily isn't cross that I've translated her doily (along with the others) but if I hadn't they might have never been worked again.
This one (and the next one) are really simple to make but both have made me look once again at spiral chains.  Those types of chains certainly help in keeping a straight line if you want one in a design.  It's made BC3 think about using them in something or other!!!  

I've given up on doing anything new myself at the moment.  Mainly because I'm enjoying the challenges of bringing new life back into these older patterns.  




8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I'm sure the nun would be delighted that you're bringing her design to a new audience! It's lovely and those straight chains do give a different look.

Maureen said...

I think the nun would have hitched up her habit and cheered you on from the sidelines! I always think this way about the great composers.They would have been astonished, I think, and humbled if they had known that their music would be played in the twenty-first century.
Sadly, as I am going to be working on The Black Doily for the rest of my life, I can’t yet tat any of these Dutch patterns. I had to take the scissors to it recently, and it is living in it’s tin just now, for both our sakes.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Irene is beautiful! I'm sure the nun would be quite pleased!

Ladytats said...

that looks like an interesting doily. I am sure the nun would be pleased.
In some rows it is every other chain that is spiral, how interesting.
Good for you Jane!

God's Kid said...

Wonderful!! :)

Ninetta said...

Beautiful!

West Pine Creations said...

Beautiful doily and a good challenge.

picotsnkeys said...

I know the dear lady is smiling as she adjusts her heavenly wimple. I see lots of possibilities with beads for this one!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.