14 August 2020

Sidetracked once again!!!

This time I can name and shame the person responsible for the start of this distraction!!!  It's Sandra!!  
Now Sandra's been pretty isolated since lockdown and has taken up knitting with a vengeance and has come across lots of patterns for hot pads or dishcloths or whatever you like to call them.  I've made a few over the past couple of months of which this is just one.  I must find the others and show you as they're all different.

Now to a story.  Many years ago when Nick and I were in America we spotted these hanging from people's appliances and places round their kitchens.  I'd never seen them back here in England but I managed to get a few while we were over there.  Very useful for wiping the fingers on when you're cooking!  

So, after the hot pad phase I've decided it's the hanging dish towel phase which will  happen next!!!  Here's my first one.  Can you see that it's 'not quite' finished?  I've got the thread (on the bobbin) and the button ready to sew on but will it actually happen this side of Christmas?!!??  I'll let you guess - yes or no!!!!



7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hmmm... I should probably knit a few more. They do come in handy!

God's Kid said...

Great towel!!! :)
My friend knits dishcloths and buys dishtowels and folds them in half and then crochets tops like yours in crochet cotton.

Jane Eborall said...

That’s exactly the way the ones we bought in the USA were made, God’s. Kid. I would’ve done mine like that but I have a fair bit of cotton yarn so decided to do the whole thing in crochet. Mad? Yes I know I am!!!!

StringyDogs said...

I have a hard time drying my hands on hand-knitted towels. It just seems disrespectful. So, I do the terry towels with the crochet tops. Yours is beautiful.

LindaR

Jane Eborall said...

Oh that’s funny, StringyDogs!!!! I’m hoping the handmade ones will last even longer than the bought fabric ones. They wash so well as they’re pure cotton.

Jane McLellan said...

I have one like Stringy dog’s. But I like the potential for trying out different stitches that your type gives.

Judith Connors said...

I follow StringyDogs' style as well.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.