23 December 2020

Another project finished!

After my stupid hiccough with the oven gloves and a few minutes undoing the stitching I was back 'on the case' as 'they' (whoever they are!) say.

First of all I sewed the edge of the lining along the main part and in the right place this time!!

Next I crocheted doubles through the two parts of the outer pocket and including the inner lining too.  That was a bit of a struggle at times!!

I then found that I'd got enough odds and ends of cotton yarn left to add a stabilising couple of rows of double crochet to the joining part between the two gloves!!!

I've since tested them and they work a treat.  All for the price of nothing!!!  Some of that yarn by the looks of the label must've been almost as old as me - if not older!!!!!  



5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

They look great! I need to work on finishing up some projects also... maybe in the new year?

Jane McLellan said...

Great way to lessen the stash and finish up with something useful!

God's Kid said...

Great!! :)

Bernice said...

I like the idea that you have used some of the stash up so the cost was your time. I also like that if you grab one they are both there so you are not tempted to make do with the other hand. Lovely.

Jane Eborall said...

This is the type of oven glove we seem to have in the UK, Bernice. Also means you don’t have to hunt around for another to put on the other hand!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.