29 October 2021

A bookmark!

Why did I suddenly feel the need to make a bookmark?  Simple answer is because I was running out of them in my stash!!
Why was I running out?  Simple answer is because my neighbour has bought some to give as presents to her friends!!!

I think one of my favourite patterns is this one.   I know it's popular with other people too as I found a stolen copy of it in a Russian book once.  They'd taken the pdf file off my site, whitened out the hyperlinks and my name and published it.  Flattering but it would've been nice if they'd asked first.

I've decided that this bookmark won't be added to my stash of gifts but will, instead, be given to the lady who gave me the threads last Friday.  As I'm going to see her this morning I can't think of a better way to start the day.



6 comments:

Maureen said...

I think this is one of the prettiest bookmarks I’ve made. Several friends have received them as gifts, all have been well received. It must have been confronting to have found your pattern in someone else’s book.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love that bookmark!

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, I love that pattern too. Perfect gift to say thanks for the thread.

God's Kid said...

I am sure it will be appreciated!! It's so pretty!! :)

Crafts By Adrie said...

This is one of my favorite pieces that you designed! I have made it a few times, perhaps I should make it again seeing as I got new threads on my birthday on the 3rd.... so glad to see you are still updating!! I hope to do a post about tatting on my own blog soon!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Crafts By Adrie. Glad you like that one. I’ve got a few patterns to get onto the website in the near future. I just need the time to do one more read through of them before uploading. I’m off to look at your blog now and bookmark it for the future.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.