15 June 2022

The scarf!

I told you in this post that I may bore you even more over the scarf but I didn’t realise that boredom with turning up to the knitting group every week with the same thing took over.  So I decided to finish it!!!

I knitted my little socks off for a week or so and finally decided that enough was enough.  It’s thanks to Sue who told me how to do the ‘sideway stripes’ that this pattern came about.  It’s actually turned out to be a really snug scarf and is going to be a lot more useful than the waistcoat it was originally!!  Now I want a new knitting or crochet project so I’ll be off to surfing the internet (mainly Ravelry) for inspiration and a pattern - or two!!!

Here it is in all it’s glory!!  Well, glory isn’t the right word really!!!



6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh, I think glory is perfectly appropriate! Have fun in the Ravelry rabbit hole. I always enjoy browsing there, but the hours go.

Martha said...

Isn't that working on the bias for diagonal stripes fun? I've done a couple of shawls that way.

Jane Eborall said...

It’s fun, Martha, I agree.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty scarf. I'm sure it will be warm and quite useful once the weather gets cold again.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Great scarf!! :)

Yorkie Sue's Tatting said...

Great job - it's looking good
Glad I could inspire <3

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.