23 March 2023

Round 2

The start of this project is right back here as my wretched BC3 wandered off on other things - things like knitting!!!

So, back to the doily!

I can now reveal that it's Robin Perfetti's gorgeous Jan's Doily which is truly magnificent.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't destroy it for others as I try to make something equally as stunning. Robin's Etsy shop is here but it appears to be closed at the moment which is a shame.

I did tweak this round slightly as I don’t like big picots that others are later joined to.  Instead of the larger picot I substituted a very small one, two doubles and another small one instead.  It doesn’t detract from the design one bit but made it easier for my BC3 to tell my hands what to do without worrying about any picot gauges!!!


8 comments:

Maureen said...

The Etsy shop has been closed for a long time, I heard that it was due to Robin’s patterns having been taken illegally. Such a great shame, but I will enjoy seeing your version of the doily here.

Anonymous said...

My 'rule of thumb' about those large picots with multiple joins is to make the picot about 1 DS long for each join that needs to be made to it. Surprisingly, it's usually not too difficult to eyeball the distance when I think of it that way. The little bit of stretch resulting from those joins being made gives just enough room for it to look 'right.' Works for me, anyway. I've used your method at times, though, too - depends on the pattern, my mood at the time, and which way I think it looks better. Your doily is lovely. I can hardly wait to see more. :)
StephanieW

Robin Perfetti said...

Just to clarify, the shop was closed because I got burned out from the increasing amount of customer questions and requests after my snowflake book came out. Then, life happened, and I’ve had so many other things that I’ve had to prioritize over getting the shop up and running again.

Anonymous said...

That looks awsome!!!

Jane McLellan said...

It’s going to be fabulous.

God's Kid said...

Wonderful start!!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks for popping in with your comment, Robin Perfetti. I count myself very lucky to have a copy of this pattern. I hope you'll get back into Tat Land as soon as possible. I've given up on designing too at the moment. The joy has gone out of it for me. Hopefully it may come back but I'm enjoying other crafts too for now.
Maureen - Robin has clarified the situation thankfully.
StephanieW - we all have our own 'little ways'!!!!
To the rest of the commentators - I just want to say it's a wonderful pattern.

Mama Martin said...

Looking loverly, Jane! I am envious that you have the pattern.
There are several items I'd like to buy when Robin has the time to get back to her shop. Her patterns are wonderful!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.