19 April 2023

A new sewing project!







Heading now for (hopefully) warmer weather and the sewing spirit has risen within my body!!!  Spring means sap rising to most people but to me it’s the sewing bug which hits!!!

To get back into the swing of it I’ve started making bowl cozies.  I’ve got one which was given to me when I visited Canada years ago.  I LOVE it but as it’s grey it tends to be hard to find in my kitchen drawer!!!  The first one I’ve made is for a friend who lives nearby and this time round I’m making them with thicker wadding.  Why?  Well that’s because that’s what I was given!!!!  I LOVE Freecycle!!!!!  



































11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Looks very handy. Bright enough to find easily!

Maureen said...

What is a bowl cosy? I was thinking that you might be making more roly poly bags!

God's Kid said...

It looks fabulous!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

Maureen - you put a bowl of food in a cozy and then microwave it. You've then got two 'handles' to grab so you don't burn your fingers!! The batting HAS to be cotton so it doesn't catch fire!!!

Anonymous said...

I’m making those too. Love them

Sewicked said...

Wool padding might work, too, but that's expensive.

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea! Yours are gorgeous - nice bright, happy-looking colors.
StephanieW

Maureen said...

I am the only person on this earth, Jane, who does not own- or want- a microwave. But I like your yarn bowls anyway.

Jane Eborall said...

My very elderly neighbours have always felt that about microwaves but their family have just given them one and she’s beginning to see how useful they are. I certainly wouldn’t be without mine - particularly with our escalating energy prices.

Anonymous said...

They are also great for bowls of ice cream

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, PERFECT, Anonymous!!!! You've obviously been to Palmetto Tat Days!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.