21 June 2023

Temptation

Well the title should be ‘trying to resist temptation’!!!
I occasionally shop at Hobbycraft now that we have one nearby and they’ve ‘found out’!!!  I know that because I have one of their loyalty cards and they occasionally send me a voucher for five pounds!!!  

This results in a walk to the store to have a look around.  It’s not a big shop so they don’t have any tatting related ‘things’ so I go with knitting and sewing in mind!!  A few months ago I spent my fiver (well I spent more than five ‘as you do’) and came home with two balls of this yarn. 

The idea was to knit a scarf for a present and that’s what I’m doing.  I found an ‘easy’ pattern from Ravelry and added an icord edging to it.  Really easy pattern to take to groups and that I could do while I chat.  BUT, of course, the best laid plans of mice and men meant that it’s taken me much longer to knit as I keep going wrong!!!  My BC3 just doesn’t always work properly!!!

Here’s the progress so far.  I’m over halfway through now.  See those stitch markers green and pale pink?  They mark the halfway point!!! 



9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

So pretty! I like the idea of a shop that sends a 5 pound voucher, even though of course you spend more. I took my tatting to the 'nit and natter on Friday, knowing that wasn't wise, and ended up having to undo rings twice! This week it will definitely be knitting.

Maureen said...

I love your pink and green scarf, the person who will receive it is going to be very happy!
I wish our Spotlight gave us vouchers, the best they do is to send coupons for 40% off -IF you spend over $100.

Jane Eborall said...

Wow that is mean, Maureen. Hobbycraft are clever as I always seem to spend almost twice as much as the voucher is worth!!!

Anonymous said...

What is BC3

Jane Eborall said...

Sorry, BC3. I should’ve said. My regular followers have known about BC3 for years. He’s my third (and last) brain cell!!! Responsible for new ideas/designs and for getting me into (and sometimes!) out of trouble!! It’s basically a joke against myself!! Here’s Martha’s version of BC3!!! https://janeeborall.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-brain-at-lastl.html

Anonymous said...

We don't have any shops that send vouchers. The best they do is perhaps give you a small discount if you spend a GIANT amount of money on certain products, most of which I don't use. :) Your scarf is gorgeous!
StephanieW

Lavinia said...

Nice scarf, I really like the colours! You're lucky to get vouchers for a craft shop, here in Romania they don't do that. I hope knitting is as easy to "frog" as crochet is, so you can easily undo any mistakes.

Jane Eborall said...

Well, Lavinia, I think you should educate your shops and point out to them that people like me (and all the people I know) will have a voucher for (say, five pounds) and will go to the shop even though they don’t want/need anything and will always end up spending at least the same amount as the voucher or more!!! It’s the way our minds work!!! They get a sale!!!

God's Kid said...

That looks like a great scarf!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.