16 July 2009

New thread again!!!

Do you remember this post about Lyn Morton at Tatting and Design's new thread called Nakis Simi?

I thought I'd try a size comparison as somebody had asked whether it was the same as a number 20!! Well you can see below that it's not!!!

The lavender heart on the left is a number 20 and fits snuggly into a 2 3/4" ring.

I thought I'd try making one in a number 40 thread next - that's the pink/white one!!! This fits into a ring which is just under' 2 1/2".

Finally back to the bronze new thread. Much to my astonishment it turned out to be exactly the same as the number 40.


Eureka - there's the answer!!! It's smaller than a number 20!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so nice of you to do a size comparison for everyone! Thanks! :)

Ridgewoman said...

Thank you Jane...I like using size 40 thread and can't wait until Lynn's new thread is available. I'm hooked on HDT, especially silk. I can't wait to get my paws on some of the 'new thread'
XX Bev

Unknown said...

Hello Jane! I came back over because I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.