12 January 2015

5 chains and 4 rings

Day 3 of the Tat It And See will be out tomorrow - Tuesday.


Yes, that's all this doily needed to finish it. If you read this post you'll see what happened. 

Being a bit of a dozy old moo I'd set out to make the doily with Yarnplayer's pretty, oh so pretty hot pink and lime HDT. Never gave it a thought that I wouldn't have enough. That's how dozy I am. When I got to the last round I did sort of start to wonder but carried on regardless as with me - there's no going back!!!! I'm the sort of person who (when disaster strikes) think to myself - oh, heck, that's happened so let's see what is ahead and not regret whatever it is. My attitude was sorely stretched in my late 40's to early 50's when all the bad things happened within the space of four/five years but even then I used to think not of what 'might have been' but of what I could do to carry on. 

Unfortunately when you run out of an HDT and there's none in the seller's shop you tend to just push the item you're making in the drawer and try to forget. I suppose one day I may have cut off the final row but it would never have looked quite right.

As you know Marilee and Sue Anna 'bailed me out' and I've now finished the doily. I'm really, really pleased with it and it will make a great present for a special friend who loves bright colours like these.


12 comments:

muskaan said...

It's looking Gorgeous !!! So glad you could finish it Without any compromises .... friends in deed , indeed make the world a better, beautiful place :-)

Jenn said...

Gorgeous doily! Glad you were able to get enough to finish it :).

Maureen said...

The doily is lovely, it must have been especially satisfying being able to finish it! And I'm glad Part 3 isn't out tonight because I have just come home.

Madtatter80 said...

This is a pretty one! I like the pattern too! "Ah friends that have thread in the colors you need, are friends in deed" I just made that up :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Gorgeous! Sometimes I avoid tatting a doily in HDT because I'm afraid I'll run out. Of course that's also why I have multiple skeins of my favorite HDT colors!

Jane Eborall said...

Now WHY didn't I think of that, Diane?

Claire said...

Beautiful doily. It would have been a shame to not finish it. What great community the tatters are.

God's Kid said...

It's so gorgeous!!! :)

Marilee Rockley said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad that you were able to finish it!

lej619 said...

Lovely!!! Lol that is why I hadn't used some of the thread that I have. Darn that fear of running out

Anonymous said...

how do I get this great pattern. Its beautiful. I have been trying to find it for a hour.
kjean101@yahoo.com

Jane Eborall said...

The pattern is here on my pattern pages. So pleased you like it.
http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/DoilyTwirly.pdf

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.