9 May 2007

Small motif

I'm making some small motifs to use for presents to take to family. They have to be sewn onto fabric. I'm playing with a 'combination' pattern of several that I've done in the past. Why, oh why can't I just get up off my butt and look in a book (I have well over 100 plus leaflets) instead of putting myself through the agonies of 'making something different'?
Anyway, here is the motif so far but I'm not sure it'll stay this way!!!! The background HAS to be burgundy so it's proving quite hard to find the 'right' colour to use for thread. I may go and play with combinations of fine threads instead of the green. It looks fine in 'real life', though. OR could this be a good excuse to buy more thread for my stash? No, no, no, Jane. Stay away from more thread temptations!!!!!

3 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I like 'this way' very much. Care to share? This combination is nice-reminds me of fall. Do you care for pink on burgundy? Spring!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

LOL Jane, I've asked myself the same question many times. I have a stack of tatting books and patterns but do I EVER use them?
No...it is much more entertaining to torture myself.
Or perhaps we just love a good challenge.

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Charlene - do email me privately and I'll let you have the VERY rough copy of this idea!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.