14 March 2008

Playing with sequins!

A few days ago I posted some pictures of sequins that I'd played with some years ago. I showed the backs too where I'd tried another way for 'one sided' viewing. The originals that I made had two separate rows of split rings (one at the front and the other at the back) which were then joined with the outer row. This obviously took a bit of time to do as there were two 'cuts and ties' etc.
Yesterday I finally sat down to write this pattern. I may have it somewhere on my main computer but by the time I settled into 'tat corner' in my comfy chair I was on my laptop.
Then a thought occurred to me. I wonder if both 'sides' of the enclosing rows could be worked in one 'hit'. Surely it could.
Well, ta de dah. Here's the second attempt which will form the basis for the next round or rounds.
I'm not sure quite how the rest will work out but the 'creative juices' are not as dozy as they were!!!
Below I have shown the original with the back which makes the use of the sequin 'decoration' one sided. Next is the one side of the new version and finally the other side of the new version. Originally (and I can't find any samples) both sides looked like the new version but were made separately.
I now intend to play with this as I can feel a wealth of ideas creeping up on me!!!

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cool! How large (or small) are these little beauties?

Marilee Rockley said...

The 2-sided version is much better, I think. I'll be looking for your pattern. I'm wondering if this technique could be adapted to enclose other types of ornaments - thinking jewelry, again!

Tattycat said...

And you wanted to retire after my two little designs? I DON'T THINK SO!

connie said...

oooh oooh these remind me of the trim on those really popular broomstick skirts made of a gauzy material, please please can we know how you do this. what awesome summer blouses and skirts this would make
You are MY HERO
connie angeline

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.