7 October 2008

Yet another stroke of luck!

I know this blog is supposed to be about tatting but it is titled 'nothing much else' so I'm going to use that as my excuse!!!

During my 65 years and 2 days on this planet some odd things have happened to me. I'm sure they happen to most people so this is my story.

Yesterday I had to pick up some odds and ends from Home Base which (for those not in the UK is a DIY store) and so after I'd been out and about I popped in to pick them up. Well, first of all I arrived there dying for a pee!!! This place actually does have a loo (one of the things I MOST admire about shopping in the USA is the abundance of these facilities) so I did consider making a visit there first. However I went down the wrong aisle so postponed my visit!!! That's where and why I got lucky!!!

So, there I was standing in front of the loft insulation stuff. You can buy 2 humungous rolls for the price of 1 in two thicknesses. I stood there mathering (which I'm VERY good at) about which thickness to buy when a man further along the aisle asked me whether I was buying 1 or 2 rolls. I said my 'remit' was to buy 2. ('Im wot must be obeyed said very firmly that we needed 2). So we had a chat (me and this man) and he said he only needed a small amount of one roll. Anyway he said he was going to buy 2 (as that was the offer) and would give me one of his for free. Well, I couldn't believe it but that's exactly what happened. We went to pay and agreed to meet outside where I was given a free roll in the car park!!!!!

The funniest part was when I got home with 3 rolls. Nick was aghast. Why did you buy three when I only need two? Then it dawned on him that the offer was two for the price of one!!! Why didn't you get four, then? Boy, was I the megga star when I told him what had happened!!!

2 comments:

Tatman said...

I take it your visit to the loo never happened on that trip. Hope you made it home without your eye ball floating! When I gotta go, I gotta go NOW....nothing deters my mind. Not even a good deal LOL!

Glad you got more than you bargained for.

Jane Eborall said...

Nope I didn't get to the loo there!!! Mind I was fast in the front door when I got home with my bargains!!!!
X MOM

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.