27 March 2009

Still talking bags!

This is a pretty bag.

I do love it and because I love it so much - with my heart - I decided to 'pimp my bag'!!!!


I used this pattern and here are the results!! First of all the two hearts I made. Finally the results of marrying the bag and the tatting.

To those who asked whether there were compartments in this bag the answer is no!! It's only a small bag and I felt that putting in divisions would limit what I wanted to pop in there! Of course the answer is to make a smaller bag or two to put in the bag!!!!

Time will tell whether this actually 'happens' or not!!


The 'white thing' at the bottom is a toggle thingy which lets you alter the length of the strap. Sometimes I carry a bag just on my shoulder, other times over my head too. I even carry them as a 'hand bag' on occasions. This toggle gives me the opportunity to change the length!! Clever, eh?

4 comments:

Tatskool said...

Nice bag, love the heart pattern, not one I had seen before. Must try it. Thanks.

Maureen said...

Your new bag looks perfect, but I must admit I think I prefer my roly poly bags! Tell you what would be good, though - an ordinary drawstring bag, smaller than the roly-poly, to be carried INSIDE my handbag - usually that is so overfull that the roly poly won't fit! A "Jane Eborall" drawstring bag would be much classier than a plastic baggie from the bank, which is what I usually use!

Unknown said...

Cute stuff! Love the heart pattern! You always do such amazing stuff.

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Jane, This is a very cute bag. What are the dimensions on it? The fabric is lovely and the hearts match it perfectly, the color of thread and beads all coordinate. Is this one going in your Etsy shop too? Have a great day!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.