22 April 2009

Times gone by!

The other day I found a suitcase I'd forgotten about!!! This is full to the brim with old tatted pieces of mine. It's not a huge suitcase and most of the stuff was made for exhibition purposes or just for fun.

I'm going to show you a few of the things I found while I wait for the finish of the first bag!! Actually, it's nearly finished but I had SO many interruptions yesterday it never 'quite' got there!!

Today I'm showing some coasters I made about 15 years ago. I tried to sell these in a local handicraft shop but they didn't sell. I think this was mainly because I asked a realistic price for them of probably around £1.00 an hour of my time!!! Nothing changes - handmade goods just don't get the prices they should do!!!

I've no idea where the pattern is from but the thread is number 20.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very nice! I especially like the ones on the right. I love the way the small rings attach to the sides of the larger rings. Will these be appearing in your Etsy shop?

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Good Morning Jane!! This is a lovely motif! And as always, I love your color choices. Like the third motif, that has lovely muted shades. Thanks for showing these! Have a great day! Oh, I visited your sister's blog. She is off to a great start.

Unknown said...

Fabulous, fantastic, superb.

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Fantastic motif. If you ever find out what pattern it is, please let me know. The colors are just beautiful

Sunela

Valerie said...

OMG! These coasters are fabulous! All of them. The colour combos are very good. I love the green ones. Perhaps it's a good idea to put them on Esty?

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.