30 July 2009

Lanyard with beaded SR's

Now that I've found this easier way to add beads to the centre of split rings I felt it was time to make my lanyard for Tat Days!!

All I did was work out how many doubles I needed to surround each of the 2 different sized centre beads. I did this by doing a practice run - just to be sure.

Then I added the small beads (alternately) to both threads and started.

The knack, I feel, when doing something like this is to attach each SR to the previous one to avoid twisting. So, this is the way I do it. Well, actually this IS the pattern I used to make the lanyard. I made it in pink. Perhaps you noticed?

R1: 1 vsp 3 - 3 vsp 1 Cl (I left the picot on this first ring so that when I return to the UK I can add a motif to the lanyard thus converting it to a necklace)!!!!
SR2: 1 + (last vsp R1) 5 B 5 vsp 1 / 1 + (1st vsp R1) 5 B 5 vsp 1 Cl
SR3: 1 + (vsp last SR) 3 B 3 vsp 1 / 1 + (vsp last SR) 3 B 3 vsp 1 Cl
SR4: 1 + (vsp last SR) 5 B 5 vsp 1 / 1 + (vsp last SR) 5 B 5 vsp 1 Cl
Continue like this for length required finishing with another ring like ring 1 but joined to previous SR.

15 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like the way your lanyard turned out! It would be so much fun to attend Palmetto Days... I'll be thinking of you as you have tons of fun!

Ana R. said...

Thank you, Jane

victats@gmail.com said...

Very pretty and sparkly too!

Sally Kerson said...

Oh I do like that, strange it is similar to the one I'm making, also in pink!

Ladytats said...

Jane, you will have the prettiest one there
have fun, I wish I could join you.

Tudy said...

Very nice. I have not tried split rings yet.

Shay said...

neat, neat, neat! I have some interesting beads that I found at a thrift shop, I'll have to give this a try.

Barbara Gordon said...

I love it, but have never played with beads much. I will have to give it a try soon, very soon! Thanks Jane for sharing all your things.

Art by JoyMac said...

I really love this lanyard and especially the necklace that you made of it too..BRAVO with heapa of applause
HUgs
Joy in OZ

MimiD said...

Jane, You'll have the "purtiest" lanyard there for sure. I hope the new place has easily located (but not too easily) ice cream. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Jane,
just wanted to let you know that I used your wonderful pattern to make a beaded lanyard for my dtr's favorite college professor.
She said it "looks LIke HER"
I did have to learn how to insert beads into the center of the split ring.. and once I figured that out,it was full speed ahead.
THanks again
Bren

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Finally finished this lanyard to give as a token of appreciation to my dtr's college professor.
My dtr said that it "looks LIKe HER" LOL
I had to learn how to insert beads into the split ring while needle tatting. but I did,and the lanyard came out wonderful.
THanks for sharing the idea and pattern with us!
Bren

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this pattern.
After learning how to make the split rings with beads inserted for needle tatting,,, it was fun to create.
My dtr said it looked "just like"the professor I have made it for.

Jacky said...

Thank you for giving us this pattern. However, please let me know how to put the big bead in the center of the split ring.

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Jacky. This is the way I use. Here is the link.
http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/AddBeadCentreSR.pdf
Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.