Further progress has been made on the diamond mat!!
Choosing a background fabric to mount it on was a problem. I thought brown would be the right colour as it looked pretty good on our brown carpet. Nick took one look and said 'no way' - it needs white.
I clambered upstairs to my fabric stash and found a lovely white piece of fabric which positively killed the whole thing dead!!!
Next decision was to go to our local shop which sells fabric. Great idea even if they don't have much in there and it is rather expensive!!! BUT before I left I had a small brainwave. Well, not me, really. Brain cell 3 popped in for a few minutes!!!
Back upstairs again and I found a sheet which may have come from dad's or anywhere. It was a newish one and when I brought it down, laid it on the floor and threw the diamond mat on top of it we both said it was just right. So, that's what I did - used that!!!
The whole thing is done but it still needs hooks in the walls to hang it from. That could take time knowing us two!!!!