28 August 2012

More on yesterday's motif

After my start on this idea I did change the centre as you can see below.  I wanted this to be a design that could be useful for any teacher who wanted to teach a few advanced ideas.

I think you'll agree that it looks like two simple rounds.  Well, sorry, it isn't two rounds - well, it is sort of but it's worked in one 'hit'.

I've sort of 'stolen' the middle out of the roundabout motif (but changed it slightly) and used another idea from here to make this little motif.  OK, it needed a bit of fiddling around with to get it as I really wanted it but in the end I'm pleased with it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, you temptress! Looking forward to trying out this little ditty--sort of all in one go, as you say.
BTW, the link (idea from here) didn't connect. Part of the temptation, right?!
Katie V in NC

Jane Eborall said...

Sorted, Katie. Thanks for the nudge!!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

Nice pattern looks like a snowflake as it is.
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Very pretty!! :)

Phyllis said...

Great colors. Always up to learning something new!

Debbie H said...

I truly love this look! I'm wondering if you'll be writing the pattern as it is? The black "border" is created via split rings, right. And is the black a bigger thread size than the HDT, or am I seeing things?
Thank you, Jane, for sharing your creative explorations!
Debbie <3

Jane Eborall said...

The pattern is written, Debbie and will be taught in a couple of weeks time. When I get back home I will put it on my site. This is more of a 'teaching skills' pattern so should be interesting to do IF done the way I've done it. I've done it in one 'hit' to avoid ends but that does entail two 'not so often used' techniques.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.