13 August 2012

Thank you

I'd like to say a big thank you for all who helped with suggestions on my 'avoiding the folded join' join page.  If you can follow that!!!  Particular thanks go to Suzanne who spent ages on the task.

It was reassuring to find that I wasn't the only one who just 'didn't get' the idea of folding the one bit over to make the join and also it was great that it might help one or two people to be able to tackle the 'problem' from a different perspective too.

As a result of the wonderful input (Saturday blog posts are normally very quiet when it comes to comments) I was kept busy all day nattering to friends all round the world - great excuse for another 'H' word free day!!!

This morning I have added the page to the 'tips and techniques' page and a direct link is here if you want to see what I've now done.  Of course I'm always willing and able to discuss this further and make other improvements/adjustments to the file!!!!  I'm a slave to tatting!!!

4 comments:

goudenregen said...

I got it right the first time I tried it! What I also like about this method is that I can remember it without having to look it up everytime and then having to undo my work several times. I am so glad I asked your help. Thanks again.

Margarets designer cards said...

I will be trying it, it looks simply by the way you ha e written, doing it may not be so simple. Thank you
Margaret

Fox said...

That's it? Really? That is all? Good grief! I cannot believe all the Sturm and Drang when this as all I had to do in the first instance!

I think the idea of tatting on top is what held me back in the past. Seemed easier to flop the thing over and get it out of the way. Seems this is not the easiest solution at all.

You might just have a new convert from the folded join!
Fox : ))

rsmre said...

This is working for me, too. I agree with goudenregen. I'll be able to remember this technique.
Rosemarie

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.