19 July 2013

In all it's 'glory'!!!!

Well, not glory but finished and up here.  The second doily of my life.  

I suppose I could've called it the 'Second in a Lifetime Doily' but I didn't!!!  It's called simply the Twirly Doily for obvious reasons!!

I'm now working towards finishing off a brooch pattern but the heat here is slowing me down!! Not a bad thing, actually as I do tend to live life at full speed most of the time!!!

I'm STILL trying to decide or even think of something for the Tat It And See in January but the 'muse' has gone on holiday, I think.  If anybody has a spare brain cell to lend me please email me.  Number 3 could do with another to make it 4.  Nothing like an even number of brain cells.

Oh, I went to the dentist the other day knowing I had a huge filling to be sorted out and re-filled and that I needed two X-rays too.

As I left Nick asked me to ask my dentist to look for a brain while she was doing the X-ray.  Well I'm pleased to report that she said there was one there!!!  Just wish I could get it working on the TIAS!!!

11 comments:

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

I do hope BC#3 comes up with one of your usual brilliant TIAS ideas! January is going to be awfully bleak if there isn't one...

Come on, BC#3 - you can do it!

Maureen said...

Thank you!
Those big fillings are no fun,are they? - you have my sympathies.
At one stage in my youth I was treated by a very old Polish dentist who used to hand-grind his fillings with a mortar and pestle. If it was a large filling, tea would be made and served by his wife, and we'd all have a civilised break until it was time to carry on.
Fifty years later, none of those hand-ground fillings have needed to be replaced.

Jane McLellan said...

It's a muse you need, not a brain, we know you have one of those! Thanks so much for the pattern, it's a very pretty doily.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your second doily! I'm off to the dentist next week thankfully, she's very gentle!

Pigmini said...

Thanks for the doily Jane! As usual its gorgeous!!! My challenge is whether to sit in the shade and tat whilst I'm watching the raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants ripen and rot or pick the fruit and make jam.... I'd lend you a BC but I think mine is relaxing somewhere under a beach umbrella with a VERY cold Pimms.... As for the muse... she's off in the pool!!

Sue

Ladytats said...

Oh I really like this pattern. It is going on my to do list of doilies. All the kids have asked for one, and that means 7 of them.
Take care in the heat.
I would lend you a brain cell or 2 but I have to locate them first. I will let you know if I do. he he

Mrs. Fink said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern, Jane! I am excited to try it out! I recently had a filling myself...ick! I can't wait for your next TIAS...my goal is to actually do it day-by-day this time!

Batty Tatter said...

If I think of something, I'll be in touch. I have a cold, so my brains aren't working at all.

God's Kid said...

That doily is awesome!!! :)

geraldine said...

Love the doily, now on my to do list. I also went to the Dentist today Good nes NOT got to go till January.
As for the T.I.A.S Some people are afraid of doing something 3D so what about that taking them step by step though something 3D.

Susanne said...

Amazing work and lovely colours.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.