19 February 2015

An addition

One of the things I enjoy about the nearly sixty years I've been tatting is that I'm still learning. I have a need to learn all the time - probably because things don't stay in my brain for long as I think it's sprung a leak!  Send for a brain plumber - QUICK!


Remember the page I uploaded a few days ago about putting beads onto a thread before you start? Well Carolyn contacted me yesterday and showed/explained to me her way of adding beads.  I've tried it and it works well.  She said you need to sort of 'train' the needle threader by squidging it so the beads go on a bit easier but that's easy.  It's a great idea so it's now on that page.

I truly appreciate all the help everybody gives when compiling techniques as there are so many ways to do things that I could never manage to learn and illustrate them all.  Anyway, here's the link.

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never had much luck with needle threaders, but maybe I'll give it another try.

Jane McLellan said...

I agree with Diane! But the great thing is that people share different ways of doing things, then we all have a lot of options.

Pigmini said...

Did you find a plumber for the leaky brain then??? VBG.... as for the idea of using a needle threader.... off to find out just how big a one I can get for these Bracelet thingies....

Thanks for the tips One and All!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.