Now this is the second version of the motif I showed you yesterday. I went to make one of these a few weeks ago and couldn't follow my own directions. I was tired and BC3 was on a short break away from me - said I was causing him too much stress.
Anyway, I finally got the motif finished and then decided that I really needed to do the directions again from the start. It's only the final join that's the problem and really it's easy. The hard part is explaining it. In the end I decided to do it with pictures rather than drawings. I hope this works for you. Here's the link which I forgot to put on yesterday with this version at the bottom.