9 July 2015

A new project


I wanted to design a new bookmark. Well, that's not strictly true although it's sort of!!! That doesn't make sense so let me explain.

I was making the last starry button bracelet when it occurred to me that if I took the buttons out then it would be halfway to becoming a bookmark. 

Oh, silly, silly me. Life isn't that easy and this project certainly proved that a 'quick conversion' in tatting doesn't necessarily work.

I guessed at the stitch count and that didn't work very well.  The outer part of the SCMR's was fine but getting the 'button' part the right size proved a right royal battle!!

I'll now show you the first bookmark!!!  This will be improved on - believe me!



10 comments:

muskaan said...

While I will look forward to your future tweaks, I like this bookmark exactly the way it is :-)

Elsa filOfilie said...

It's realy pretty ! :-)

Jane McLellan said...

It's a lovely conversion! Mary Corbet had a recent post saying that 'quick projects' often turn out to be much less quick than we expect.

Maureen said...

I love it - I love anything in these colours, but the bookmark looks good enough to me!

Madtatter80 said...

this would look good in any book!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks nice as it is, so I'm wondering what changes tweaking will bring!

God's Kid said...

It's pretty!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it already!
StephanieW

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This bookmark looks like it would be fun to do! A very clever design!

And I can't believe how far along you are on the doily!

zarina said...

I actually prefer this version than the blue one.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.